[wingide-users] Wing IDE 2.0b4 / Upgrades

Wing IDE Announce info at wingware.com
Tue Jun 22 11:47:30 EDT 2004

Hi,

Wing IDE 2.0b4 has been released and is now available from our new
website's download area:

http://wingware.com/downloads

This version reintroduces the source browser, and fixes many bugs for
improved support for unicode / non-ascii characters, better compatibility
with Linux distributions, and to avoid a number of crashes and hangs
seen in the previous beta.

A complete list of changes is available here:

http://wingware.com/pub/wingide/prerelease/2.0.0/CHANGELOG.txt

Please report any problems using the Submit Bug Report feature in the
Help menu, or by emailing support at wingware.com.

New Product Naming
------------------

With this release, we have renamed the product levels.  Wing IDE Standard
is now called Wing IDE Professional, and Wing IDE Lite is now Wing IDE
Personal.  This change is for clarity only; it doesn't affect upgrades or
pricing.

Sales
-----

New Wing IDE 2.0 licenses can be purchased here:

http://wingware.com/store/purchase

Please note that we have introduced new multi-OS bundles that provide a
discount for developers that use Wing on multiple operating systems.

Upgrades
--------

Wing IDE 1.1 users can now upgrade their licenses, either for free
or at 1/2 price depending on date of purchase of the upgraded license:

http://wingware.com/store/upgrade

If you are upgrading multiple Wing IDE 1.1 licenses used by a single
developer to one of the new multi-OS bundles, please email sales at
wingware.com so we can assist you in combining the licenses at
lower upgrade cost.

New Website and Company Name
----------------------------

We've rolled out our new website at http://wingware.com/ and are now
doing business under the name Wingware.  During the final part of our
transition to Wing IDE 2.0 final, please use the old website at
http://wingide.com/ for support and information on Wing IDE 1.1.  Those
materials will be made available on the new site before it finally
replaces the old one.

Thanks to everyone for your patience waiting for the availability
of permanent licenses for Wing IDE 2.0.

Sincerely,

The Wingware Team

--