[wingide-users] Can't debug spawned processes on XP?

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Mon Jun 21 15:26:49 EDT 2004

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 gary.h.merrill at gsk.com wrote:
> (Using 1.1.10-1 for this ...)
>
> It seems to me that this use to work just fine when I was running NT, but
> I can't manage to debug a process I spawn off from my primary process
> under XP.

Wing can only manage one debug process at a time, so what might be
happening is it's connected to the first one and thus can't accept
connections from the second one.  Make sure you disconnect from the
first process before it spawns the sub-process you want to debug,
and of course check that Wing is listening for connections (set
debug.passive-listen=1 in your preferences), that wingdbstub is
being imported, etc.

You might try setting kSilent=0 in wingdbstub.py and see what it's
reporting when it gets imported.  I can help interpret the verbose
and cryptic output if you email it to us.

Hope that helps.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python