[wingide-users] Can't debug spawned processes on XP?

gary.h.merrill at gsk.com gary.h.merrill at gsk.com
Mon Jun 21 14:59:03 EDT 2004

(Using 1.1.10-1 for this ...)

It seems to me that this use to work just fine when I was running NT, but
I can't manage to debug a process I spawn off from my primary process
under XP.

I've followed the directions in section 6.15 of the manual explicitly.
I've got a primary Python file (say A.py) that imports another (B.py) in
which a process is created by using Process() and wx.Execute() to execture
a third file (C.py).  Putting Wing into passive listening mode and setting
a breakpoint in A.py works fine, and likewise for B.py.  But when I put a
breakpoint in the file spawning the separate process, the breakpoint is
never hit.

As I say, I know that this (or something like it) used to work before they
converted us over to XP.  Am I missing something, or is there perhaps a
problem with XP in this regard.  And the code I'm debugging has been
working for some time -- and still works:  it's just that I'm adding some
features that aren't working and I can't trace the problem through the
spawned process any longer.

Any ideas?

Gary H. Merrill
Director and Principal Scientist, New Applications
Data Exploration Sciences
GlaxoSmithKline Inc.
(919) 483-8456