[wingide-users] project file area feedback

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Wed Jul 28 14:56:47 EDT 2004

D. Bahi wrote:
> /dir1/path/to/project.wpr holds project
> populated by add directory tree pointing to
> /dir2/different/path/to/topdir
>
> 1) view as tree doesn't show anything.

This will be fixed in the next release.

> 2) flattened tree view is ok but shows relative
> pathing to the project.wpr storage area so paths
> get long and it gets hard to see what's in the
> project - there are popups on hover for other things
> can we have popups for these files/paths too?

Maybe the paths should be shown relative to the top directory containing
files.  The current scheme assumes everything should be shown as
relative to the .wpr file, but it doesn't work too well when the .wpr
isn't near the files.

> 3) add file dialogue would be great to mask out
> the dirs/packages/files that are already in the
> project ;)

Do you mean gray out the existing files?  Currently if you add a file
that's already in the project, it is simply ignored so you can add a
directory again to pick up any new files.

Thanks for the feedback,