[wingide-users] Changing formatting for files

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Mon Jul 26 12:04:32 EDT 2004

Hugh Gibson wrote:
> Is there a setting or configuration file for changing the formatting
> applied for various languages? For example, is it possible to have
> comments in Python code to be rendered in italics?

Wing IDE currently does not provide fine-grained control over the
coloring and formatting of source code in the editor.  You can set the
editor background color but the syntax colors are computed automatically
using an algorithm that ensures that they colors will be reasonable for
the selected background.

We plan to add per-language/per-construct control over colors and
formatting attributes in the future.  If this really bugs you, there is
a way to do it by modifying the Wing IDE source code; just let us know.