[wingide-users] License file not accepted

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Thu Jul 15 19:56:44 EDT 2004

Robert Oschler wrote:
> When I try to run Wing IDE 2.0 now, I get the license file dialog.  I copied
> over our original license license-wstdwind.dat, into our Profile/2.0
> directory.  I then used the license file dialog to "Browse" to that
> directory and select the license file.

Wing IDE 2.0 now uses a different license scheme and will not work with
1.1 licenses.  You can either use an evaluation license or upgrade your
1.1 license at https://wingware.com/store/upgrade  Information on
installing a 2.0 license is available at
http://wingware.com/doc/install/installing-your-license

> When I hit the "Continue" button, nothing happens.  I don't go to a new
> dialog box, I don't get an error message or beep, it just sits there in the
> license file dialog.

This is a bug; I'll look into it.  But in the meantime, you should be
able to get going with a 2.0 license.

Cheers,