[wingide-users] Tab key behaviour is odd

Hugh Gibson hgibson at cix.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 12:09:00 EDT 2004

> However, if I press ctrl+tab I
> get a real tab, whereas what I want is up to three spaces (my current
> tab setting) to bring the current column up to the next tab stop.

This is really killing me. Are there any plans to change it?

Just an example. I'm inputting a comment before a function, and want to
have a list of the parameters. The standard format we use is:

# Input:   sParam1 - what it is
#          sParam2 - what this is

I normally use the tab key after typing "Input:" to get to a standard
column, then on the next line I use the tab key again to get across there.
I can live with pressing ctrl+tab if it was working correctly - i.e.
inserting sufficient spaces to bring the caret to the next tab stop
column.

Hugh