[wingide-users] Multiple IDEs one workstation. Is it possible?

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Wed Jul 14 14:10:49 EDT 2004

onedsc at sonic.net wrote:
> I get some strange behavior when running two instances even when using two
> completely separate projects.

This should work.  I do it briefly all the time when developing Wing
itself and occasionally for longer stretches when working on an
independent project.

> 1) My search/replace window has disappeared in one project, but not the
> other.  It is still functional in that I can use the up and down arrows to
> go to the  source, but the window is not present (showing the code and
> line number).

I suspect this is problem in searching and not a problem with the two
instances.  Could you submit a bug report from within the IDE and
include the error-log?  Note that the results text area disappears when
the search is in interactive search mode.

> 2) It seems there are some "global" properties that is shared between
> projects, like the debugging information under preferences.

Yes, the default preferences are global.  If you need to override some
preferences in one instance or the other, you can use the '--prefs-file'
command line option to specify another file whose values will be layered
on top of the default preferences.

Don't hesitate to ask questions if you have other problems,