[wingide-users] Tab key behaviour is odd

Hugh Gibson hgibson at cix.co.uk
Wed Jul 14 10:30:00 EDT 2004

Hi,

The tab key doesn't input more tabs (3 spaces in my settings) into the
file if the auto-indent doesn't agree. So, for example, if I put in a
comment line, I can't indent the next line more than the comment (this is
fair enough). However, the real problem comes when I want to put a comment
at the end of a line, starting at a set column number. I have to use space
instead of tab to get across to the right position. Why won't the editor
accept tabs after some text is entered?

Hugh