[wingide-users] Automatically make files read/write

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jul 7 17:44:56 EDT 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Hugh Gibson wrote:
> Is there an option to automatically make files read/write when saving?
> Useful when working with CVS.
>
> It would be even better if file edits were prevented if the file was
> read-only, and if an attempt was made to edit the file, a warning was
> given with the option to make the file read/write.

Not yet, but I would like to see read-only files optionally act that way
immediately rather than when saving is attempted.

[For CVS use, I can't resist (sorry) recommending using revision merging
rather than file locking.  The "C" stands for "concurrent", as in multiple
programmers working on the same files at the same time.  I've been doing
this for (could it be?) ten years, often working closely on the same files
as someone else, and have never run into serious conflicts.  And yes,
I know, we should all be using Subversion instead... ;-]

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python