[wingide-users] 2.0.0-b4 - Searching and Code Inspection

Ian J Cottee ian at cottee.org
Tue Jul 6 18:13:16 EDT 2004

Running on Linux I can't get Batch Search Disk to work. If I search all
the files in my project it works but if I specify a directory (in my
case /usr/local/zope/sites/plone/Products) it doesn't seem to search for
anything.

On a related note, as I am currently testing with Plone development I
was hoping WingIDE 2 would help me in working out where code is being
called from. I have added my own Plone product files as the only files
in my project. My Python path reads
"/usr/local/zope/sites/plone/Products" which I was hoping would mean
that WingIDE2 would automatically be aware of all the CMF and Plone
stuff hanging around in there. Now if I have a line at the top of my
source file which reads

	from Products.CMFCore.utils import getToolByName

I would expect to be able to click on the actual call to getToolByName,
choose Goto Definition and the IDE to open up Products.CMFCore.utils at
the appropriate line. Should this be possible and am I going around
things the wrong way?

Many thanks

Ian