[wingide-users] unittest in IDE

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jul 6 14:28:35 EDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Grant Morganryuuguu wrote:
> Is ther a simple way to run unit tests in the IDE.
> In debug mode I get an exception that can't be ignored when unittest tries to exit python on successfull testing.
> I would like run the unittest inside the IDE and see the output somewhere in the IDE.

We don't yet have support for unit testing directly from the IDE other
than running them in the debugger, in which case the output would go
to the Debug I/O tool.

We do plan to add general support for running commands outside of
the debugger and seeing output in the IDE, but not until shortly
after 2.0 final.

Sorry I don't have a better answer right now.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python