[wingide-users] Patches for 2.0b4

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Fri Jul 2 11:01:19 EDT 2004

Wing IDE Support wrote:
> He he... this is a major effort.  We've got many thousands of strings. The
> German localization was quite an effort.  But if you want to try, I can
> send you the source POs.  Best to wait post-2.0 final tho, and I have to
> warn you all the past volunteers we've had to do translations have
> mysteriously disappeared! ;-)

First of all, I ain't saying that I am volunteering. ;)

But if the source PO files were available for general download (and/or
revision managed), then volunteers could grab bite-sized chunks and
translate them over time. Google is translated this way, and they too
have a large string library.

But maybe I am not one to speak; I am, by marriage and a 20-year-stretch
using computers, bilingual and abhor Dutch translations of any package I
use. So I prolly will not be doing any translations myself...

That plugin API on the other hand, now that sounds interesting. I'll
look into getting our company to sign up for the Wing IDE source (we
have Pro licenses) and I'll have a peek.

Martijn Pieters