[wingide-users] Going "back" after going to definition - v 2.0.0

Hugh Gibson hgibson at cix.co.uk
Fri Jul 2 09:07:00 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm just wondering if there's a way of going "back" after using F4 to go
to a definition. This can be very useful if you want to inspect a function
before writing some code, so jump to the definition and then want to go
back to where you were working. Sort of like a "pop context" command.

I've used this sort of thing for ages in VC++ 6 - ctrl+* was the keystroke
there. It kept a history as well so you could pop back lots of contexts.

This would be very useful.

Oh, and how easy is it to configure hotkeys for debugging actions like
step into, step out etc? WingIDE does appear to be more mouse-centric than
I would like.

Hugh Gibson