[wingide-users] Symbolic Links and Importing Projects

Wing IDE Support support at
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 23:23:54 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Ken Kinder wrote:
> If you create a directory tree with symbolic links to other directories,
> such as this...
> Source: proj/modules/foo/lib
> Link proj/lib/foo -> proj/modules/foo/lib
> Upon creating that directory structure, if you do a Project -> Add
> Directory Tree, the symbolic links are added to the project as regular
> files, which obviously isn't the desirable behavior.

Yes, this is clearly a bug.  A work-around is to remove the wrong entries
and do another "Add Directory Tree" on each of the symbolic links.  Not
very convenient if you have a lot of links, but this at least gives you a
structure in your project that matches what you've built on disk.

I'll see if we can patch this soon, since it's probably a minor change.

Thanks for reporting this.

Stephan Deibel

Wing IDE for Python
Archaeopteryx Software, Inc