[wingide-users] Inconsistency in Search For Selection

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Dec 22 19:56:10 EST 2004

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Hugh Gibson wrote:
> > As a work-around, mini-search (keyboard driven search) does work
> > backward -- see the group in the Edit menu for they key bindings
> > or http://wingware.com/doc/edit/mini-search for details.
>
> I was using mini-search - using ctrl-B. You said in the release notes for
> 2.0.1:
>
> * Search manager fixes
>   * Fixed failure to search in reverse in the search manager
>
> but it's still broken for ctrl+B. ctrl+U works OK.

That fix was for a different issue, using the search manager tool not
mini-search.

> See this by searching forward for the selection (using ctrl+B). When there
> are no more matches (computer beeps) use shift+ctrl+B. The search word is
> different.

I see.  If it fails to find a match it deselects on the editor and another
search-on-selection command in the opposite direction ends up picking
up the wrong search word from the editor.

Thanks for pointing that out.

- Stephan