[wingide-users] How do I disable middle-click paste?

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Mon Dec 20 12:22:09 EST 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Hugh Gibson wrote:
> If you click the roller button on the mouse (middle click) it pastes the
> current clipboard. I've done this accidentally which scrolling.
>
> How can I disable it? I've looked through the keymap.normal file.

This is actually implemented internally at a fairly low level and there
isn't a way to disable it right now.

To avoid this problem on wheel mice with a soft middle button, there is
supposed to be a delay after wheel scrolling before a middle click is
reported.  It looks like this is 2/10 of a second in GTK2.  Our original
patch for this problem in GTK1 was 1 full second.  I suspect the
maintainers changed the time, and perhaps it's too short now.  Does that
seem consistent with what you're seeing?

Thanks for reporting this.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python