[wingide-users] Updated PyGTK auto-completion support

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Wed Dec 15 10:16:57 EST 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Douglas Soares de Andrade wrote:
> Im having this error:
>
> [root at ressurrection pygtk-2.4.1]# pwd
> /home/douglas/pacotes/python/fontes/pygtk-2.4.1
> [root at ressurrection pygtk-2.4.1]# python pygtk_to_pi.py .
> Parsing defs file ./docs/gobject.defs
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "pygtk_to_pi.py", line 979, in ?
>     ParseDefsFile(src, namespace, cnames)
>   File "pygtk_to_pi.py", line 389, in ParseDefsFile
>     f = open(filename)
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './docs/gobject.defs'
> [root at ressurrection pygtk-2.4.1]#
>
> Im putting this file on the pygtk source, but im getting this error.
> Can you help me ?

Comment out or alter the entry in the in the 'files' list towards the
end of the script.  I'm using PyGTK 2.2.0 and 2.4 must remove or move
this file to another location.  I haven't tried this w/ 2.4 yet so please
send me any necessary diffs and I can update the script to work with
either one.

One note:  The section starting "props = def_dict.get('properties')" in
ParseDefsFile() is also untested code -- this is something 2.4 does but
not 2.2.

Thanks,

- Stephan