[wingide-users] New scripts not detected in Wing 2.0.1

Hugh Gibson hgibson at cix.co.uk
Thu Dec 9 12:21:00 EST 2004

I opened my project for working on a Wing script. It had the main script
file I am working on open, but it was an older version prior to CVS
checkin.

I copied the new script back from my CVS sandpit. However, it wasn't
detected as a changed script - there was no "File changed - reload"
dialog, and closing the file and re-opening it brought up the old file.
Even closing the project and opening another one, then returning to the
original project gave no improvement.

I had to close Wing and then re-open it before the script change was
detected.

Another request to do with scripts: when there is a failure in the script,
can you give a traceback in the error message? I've had to use a binary
search of the code using "return" statements to find the line at fault.
When there is a syntax error in the script you show details, why not for
an execution error? Minor aside: the error dialog appears twice.

Hugh