[wingide-users] Re: Wing 2.0 plugin question

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Sun Dec 5 22:12:40 EST 2004

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, Adam Feuer wrote:
> On 12/5/04 at 7:50 PM, Wing IDE Support <support at wingware.com> wrote:
> >Yes, but for now you'll need to edit src/config.py to add a panel
> >identity constant (e.g., kSearchPanel is the search manager), and
> >add it to the kDefaultPanels or kUserPanels constant also.
>
> Stephan,
>   Does this mean I need to build Wing from source to do this...? If
> not, how would I get wing to use the new src/config.py instead of the
> one in the binary installation? Would I construct a patch for this...?
> I tried that for another fix, but I couldn't get that to work. I'm on
> Mac OSX by the way.

You can unzip the src.zip file in bin/2.3 within the Wing installation
and then copy in the edited config.py file to bin/2.3/src.  On OS X
"within the Wing installation" really means in Contents/MacOSX inside
the WingIDE.app folder created by unpacking the installation tarball
(you'll need to use a terminal/shell to see inside the folder since
the finder shows it as an application).

>  I am not sure I understand- should I do
>
> app.InstallTimeout(5000, idle)
>
>  and then instantiate and discard an instance of the new the panel
> from the idle function?

Yes, tho the instance registers itself so isn't actually discarded
but held by Wing's internals.

Basically this should do it:

def idle(app=wingapi.kArgApplication):
  CBRMPanelType(app.fSingletons)