[wingide-users] Funky fonts, Ubuntu Wing-IDE 1.10x install...

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Fri Dec 3 11:36:39 EST 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Randall Young wrote:
> I'm working with a new Ubuntu Warthog install, and basically every thing
> is going fine.
>
> Wing-IDE installed via the *.tar.gz method, the only bummer is the
> limited fonts available in the IDE. A lot like the old IDE in Kylix,
> just the courier, and clean, etc. fonts are working.
>
> This IDE used to look a lot better under Fedora 2 for me.
>
> Any ideas how I can add some new fonts to the editor font selection
> menu, esp. in this context???

My guess is that you can edit the file bin/gtk-bin/etc/fonts/fonts.conf
inside your Wing IDE installation and add the following at the top
where the other <dir> entries are found:

<dir>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype</dir>

This was reported by another user, but it's possible the directory
isn't the same one you need.

Another solution is to run Wing with the --system-gtk command line
option.  If that works you can select the "Use System Gtk" preference
(first item in preferences dialog, from Edit menu).

However, note that some users have seen crashing when running with
some system GTK setups, notably when using the Qt theme under KDE.

Please let me know if that doesn't help.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python