[wingide-users] NO calltips

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Dec 1 10:55:01 EST 2004

Danny Bloemendaal wrote:

> Eh, what is meant with call-tips? Is that when you enter a function's
> name that there is a popup with all it's parameters? I am quite used to
> Visual Studio and I really miss this feature in Wing. Also while
> debugging I really miss showing the value of the variable I'm hovering
> over with the mouse cursor as a tip.

Yes, a call-tip refers to a popup window that's similar to the
autocomplete popup window which contains the function signature.  Wing
currently displays this information in the source assistant tool window.
  If we do add a call-tip popup window, there would be preferences to
control when it was displayed.

We also plan to display a variables value in a popup when you hover over it.

Cheers,