[wingide-users] [WingIDE] default encoding for Debug Probe window?

Peter.Frey at haufe.de Peter.Frey at haufe.de
Wed Dec 1 06:13:07 EST 2004

Hi

I have a problem with the Debug Probe tool window:

>>> "Checkin nicht möglich für Komponente %s" %
escapeNodeURL(nodeCheckout.CMSPath)
'Checkin nicht m\xc3\xb6glich f\xc3\xbcr Komponente
Information/Steuern/LexikonHPU/B/Gruppe3_Basiswissen_Umsatzsteuer.sgm/22'

>>> print "Checkin nicht möglich für Komponente %s" %
escapeNodeURL(nodeCheckout.CMSPath)
Checkin nicht möglich für Komponente
Information/Steuern/LexikonHPU/B/Gruppe3_Basiswissen_Umsatzsteuer.sgm/22

>>> sys.getdefaultencoding()
'ascii'

It looks like everything is output in utf-8 encoding.
I checked my WingIDE preferences, section Files: General:

	Default Encoding    System default (cp1252)
	New File EOL        Carriage Return and Line Feed (CRLF)

(CRLF is actually bad when working cross-platform, I set it now from the
default CRLF to LF only)

Is there a place where the string encoding for the Debug Probe tool that I
use very often for inspecting variables and more
(is much more flexible than the Stack Data and Watch tools), and would like
to set it to use iso latin 1  or 9 (or windows codepage 1252)
encoding.

In our source texts (.py modules) we use:
# -*- coding: iso-8859-15 -*-
(euro sign!)

Peter