[wingide-users] Multi-window & search manager patch for 2.0b5

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Thu Aug 19 15:29:51 EDT 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 onedsc at sonic.net wrote:
> I just installed the latest 2.05b patches (all ones listed as "all
> platforms") and it seems to break the copy/paste functions in the Python
> Shell/Search /Watch/Debug Probe, etc windows.

There is now an updated version of that patch which fixes the focus
related command confusion introduced by patch #5.  It also fixes problems
with reanchoring interactive searches in the search manager and a few
other problems in the original patch.

The new patch is #8, available here:

To install, unpack with tar or WinZip into your Wing IDE installation
and then restart Wing IDE.  This should create the directory
patches/2.0.0b5/08-multi-window-and-search-bugfixes in your Wing IDE
installation.  You can remove patch #5, although leaving it in won't
alter anything.

A list of changes made in this patch are here:

This is an experimental patch for people interested in non-default
Windowing Policies (set from Preferences) or that want to try out some
of the improvements to search manager work flow / usability.

Stephan Deibel

Wing IDE for Python