[wingide-users] Poplib problem in WING IDE, not in python

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Thu Aug 19 10:11:08 EDT 2004

Rishel,Wes wrote:
> Since the upgrade the following program works okay when I run Python from the command line but fails in the import statement in WING IDE Lite.
>
> import poplib
> print 'ok'

Does it work if you check the ignore exception check box and the
continue running the program?  Wing IDE (both 1.1 & 2.0) cannot detect
when certain exceptions will be caught in C code so certain ones need to
be ignored.  The list of ignored exceptions is retained in the project
file, so you should only need to choose to ignore the exception once if
you're using a project.