[wingide-users] Multi-window & search manager patch for 2.0b5

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Aug 18 21:59:57 EDT 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 onedsc at sonic.net wrote:
> I just installed the latest 2.05b patches (all ones listed as "all
> platforms") and it seems to break the copy/paste functions in the Python
> Shell/Search /Watch/Debug Probe, etc windows.
>
> Has anybody else experienced this?

Yes, it looks like patch #5 (fixes for multi-window modes and improved
search manager work flow) introduced problems w/ sharing of commands like
'copy' and 'paste'.  I'll look into it.

In the meantime, X11 users can still copy/paste by selecting and
pressing the middle mouse button.

Also, you can back out that patch by simply removing the following
directory from your Wing IDE installation and then restarting Wing:

patches/2.0.0b5/05-multi-window-and-search-bugfixes

Thanks for reporting this.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python