[wingide-users] 2.0b5 patch for Windows crash

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Fri Aug 13 13:32:02 EDT 2004

We've released a patch for Wing IDE 2.0b5 that fixes at least one case
in which Wing will crash with a general protection fault.  I was able to
trigger it by using a very large display font, but there may be other
ways to trigger it.  I encourage all Windows users to apply this patch.
  Note that versions before 2.0b5 did not have this problem.

The patch is available at

To install, unpack the patch using winzip or similar tool in the
directory where 2.0 b5 is installed ("C:\Program Files\Wing IDE 2.0" is
the default).  Make sure that the "use folder names" option is checked
so the files are put into the correct directories.

Let us know of any problems,