[wingide-users] 2.0b5 issues

Robin Dunn robin at alldunn.com
Wed Aug 11 15:02:37 EDT 2004

Wing IDE Support wrote:

> You may in fact be able to figure it out easily enough yourself by copying
> the _wxhooks.py source from src/debug/server in the Wing IDE installation
> into the appropriate bin/#.#/src/debug/server directory (where #.# is your
> Python version)... then mess around with the code a bit.  My first guess
> is that it's as simple as the kIndicatorModuleName being different now due
> to some reorg in wx.

Yep.  In 2.5 the wx package is the location of the main modules and
extensions.  The wxPython package is just a compatibility layer that
imports and renames stuff from wx.  So you'll probably want to check for
"wx._core" instead of "wxPython.wx" (or in addition to if possible, so
you can still work with wx 2.4.)

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman