[wingide-users] 2.0b5 issues

Chuck Esterbrook ChuckEsterbrook at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 19:58:26 EDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:27:49 +0200, Danny Bloemendaal wrote:
> Class dropdown in editor windows:
> I noticed a nasty bug in the class drop-downlist in the editor
> windows. When I am somewhere in my code and I open this list
> without selecting anything, and I close the list again by either
> clicking on it's open button or anywhere in that window, it jumps
> the cursor to the selected item in the list eventhough I didn't
> select anything. So, if I just want to have a look at what's in the
> list, I get jumped away from my position in the code. Annoying

Just chiming in here. I'm on Win XP Pro with WingIDE 2.0b4.

I have problems with that pop up as well.

> Function's return value:
> I asked it a few months ago if it was possible to see what the
> actual return value is for a function while debugging. Right now,
> Wing pauses when it processed the return statement. You have to
> press F6 again to continue processing. It would be nice if I can
> see what is actually returned value is, perhaps in the Stack Data
> tool.

That would be nice!

> Slow:
> I noticed that debugging in 2.0 is many times slower than it was in
> 1.0. Back in 1.0 it was already slow but right now it is really too
> slow imho.

It feels okay to me, but I haven't used 1.0 recently and I'm on a 3GHz P4.

> Well, I think that I will wait another 5 beta releases before I
> start with 2.0 again. I'm going back 1.0. I lost a days work with
> this (well, it was my own choice of course ;-)). Hopefully my
> reports can bring it to another level. But in my opionion there is
> a WHOLE LOT to be done before 2.0 can be final.

I tried 1.x way back when and couldn't get into it. Now I'm on 2.0b4 and feel that I couldn't live without it. It's my de facto Python development environment.

-Chuck