[wingide-users] Readonly project file problems

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Aug 10 15:43:20 EDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Hugh Gibson wrote:
> Regarding the problems with the readonly project file - is this going to
> be fixed soon? If I make it read/write then it is immediately overwritten
> on any action, and CVS wants to check it in if I change another file.

There's a patch available for Wing IDE Pro 2.0.0b5 that (a) doesn't
rewrite the project file(s) if there is no content change and (b) warns
and continues if a part of the project file cannot be written due to a
readonly file:

ftp://wingide.com/pub/wingide/prerelease/2.0.0b5/bugfixes/readonly-projects-2.0.0b5p3-all.tar

Unpack this into your Wing IDE installation so it creates a 'patches'
sub-directory ("Use Folder Names" if using WinZip on Windows).

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python