[wingide-users] Readonly project file problems

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Aug 10 14:27:31 EDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Hugh Gibson wrote:
> > > Further to this, if you let Wing rewrite the wpr file it comes out as
> > > identical to the old one. You should be checking, before writing, if
> > > there are any changes.
> >
> > Yes, you're correct.  It's slightly complicated by the fact that
> > internally the info for the .wpr & .wpu files are maintained together,
> > but it's nothing that can't be fixed.
>
> Regarding the problems with the readonly project file - is this going to
> be fixed soon? If I make it read/write then it is immediately overwritten
> on any action, and CVS wants to check it in if I change another file.

I'm looking into this now.

Note that even tho CVS will try to check the file in, it won't actually
create a new revision in the repository unless the file has changed.
Also, you can clear this behavior w/ 'cvs update myproject.wpr'.  I have
to admit I just ignore the fact that the project file is often listed when
committing...

- Stephan