[wingide-users] 2.0b5 glitches

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Aug 10 11:29:44 EDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Luc Bourhis wrote:
> (A) when starting Wing, I get the following warning in a independent
> window:
>
> No X Windows Server
>
> Wing could not connect to any X Windows server.
> Please start your X Windows server before launching Wing.
>
> However Wing eventually starts and then runs fine!!

This is a known bug, but should be harmless in the meantime.  Thanks for
the report.

> (B) Wing 2 looses the connection with the debugger much more often than
> Wing 1
>
> Configuration: MacOS 10.3.5 with Apple X11 1.0 (XFree86 4.3.0) and
> Python 2.3.3

Yes, it does seem to do this more often.  Does your debug process crash in
these cases or continue running?  Also, if you can submit a bug report
from the Help menu and check on "include error log" that might contain
clues (although probably not as useful as setting the Debugger / Advanced
/ Debugger Internals Log File preference to a file and sending that us as
well after the problem has occurred).

> Thanks for your great work, and I mean it considering that I spend 2/3
> of my time interacting with Wing,

Thanks! :-)

- Stephan