[wingide-users] Wing and Zope/Plone

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Aug 10 10:46:56 EDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Danny Bloemendaal wrote:
> I'm always confused becuase there are two products directories (one in
> zope and one in my zope instance) ;-)
>
> Anyway, I've put this file in my d:\zopedata\Products dir and nothing
> happens (after restarts). There isn't even a __init__.pyc created. And,
> Wing still doesn't recognise the imports.

The file is only there to mollify Wing's perhaps too-strict definition
of what can be a module (Zope does path trickery that's somewhat outside
of "normal" Python path behavior).  I don't think Zope will look at it
and off-hand Python may not create a *.pyc for blank files.

Given that you have:

from Products.Archetypes.public import BaseContent, registerType

You need to add the directory where "Products" is to your Python Path
and not the Products directory itself.  Try this:

D:\Zope\lib\python;D:\Python23;D:\ZopeData

(note D:\ZopeData *not* D:\ZopeData\Products)

This is a common confusion and yes we will improve the Zope How-To
and make this easier to set up in general.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python