[wingide-users] 2.0b5 issues

Danny Bloemendaal Danny.Bloemendaal at companion.nl
Tue Aug 10 10:29:49 EDT 2004

> > And then there is the searching...
> > It must be because I am from a windows platform but I'm am
> completely
> > amazed how difficult you have made the searching. It is so counter
> > intuitive that I am seriously considering not to use 2.0.
>
> Are there others that feel this way?  We know that there are
> still some focus issues and rough spots, but have we totally
> failed on this?

Well, that's a bit hard.. It's certainly not a total failure. It
definitely has its purpose (e.g. if you first want an overview of all
occurences). But for me it involves extra operations and different from
how other apps deal with searching. It's so easy that while your hands
are on the keyboard to press ctrl-f, directly type the search string and
press enter. Then use F3 (or if you insist on another non-standard
keystroke) to step through all occurences. So simple and it's a proven
concept.

Danny.