[wingide-users] 2.0b5 issues - continued 2

Danny Bloemendaal Danny.Bloemendaal at companion.nl
Tue Aug 10 09:46:04 EDT 2004

Stack Data:
When I scroll in this this tool with the drag-bar in the scrollbar, the
contents of the window becomes unreadable. I have to stop scrolling for
a second before the window get drawn properly. THis is quite annoying
when I have to find something in a the (long) list.

Function's return value:
I asked it a few months ago if it was possible to see what the actual
return value is for a function while debugging. Right now, Wing pauses
when it processed the return statement. You have to press F6 again to
continue processing. It would be nice if I can see what is actually
returned value is, perhaps in the Stack Data tool.

Slow:
I noticed that debugging in 2.0 is many times slower than it was in 1.0.
Back in 1.0 it was already slow but right now it is really too slow
imho.

Complete freeze:
I was stepping through some code when suddenly my whole computer
(running WinXP) froze. Well, almost froze. It tool me about 5 minutes
before WinG crashed and things were back to normal again.

Well, I think that I will wait another 5 beta releases before I start
with 2.0 again. I'm going back 1.0. I lost a days work with this (well,
it was my own choice of course ;-)). Hopefully my reports can bring it
to another level. But in my opionion there is a WHOLE LOT to be done
before 2.0 can be final.

Good luck :-)

Danny Bloemendaal.