[wingide-users] Wing and Zope/Plone

Danny Bloemendaal Danny.Bloemendaal at companion.nl
Tue Aug 10 08:00:08 EDT 2004

I saw this message in the archives
(http://wingide.com/pipermail/wingide-users/2004-July/001727.html):

===================================
Put a blank __init__.py in the Zope Products directory. Then set your
project details as (following are my settings):

	Python Executable: Default (my zope links to my normal python)
	Python Path: /usr/local/zope/lib/python
	Initial Directory: /usr/local/zope/sites/plone

Obviously your install will be different. So to clarify.

	Python Executable: Where your python executable is :)
	Python Path: the lib/python folder of your zope install
	Inital Direcory: The *parent* folder of yours products directory

And don't forget the __init__.py :).

So I tried to do the same in my windows setup.
Python is installed in d:\python23
Zope is installed in d:\Zope
Zope instance in: d:\ZopeData
Products (like Plone) in: d:\ZopeData\Products

So I went to my project preferences and entered this:
Python path: custom:
D:\Zope\lib\python;D:\Python23;D:\ZopeData\Products

Initial Directory:
D:\ZopeData\Products

There was already an __init__.py in d:\Zope\lib\python so I left it as
it was.

However, when I open a file under d:\ZopeData\Products\SomeDir that does
this:
"from Products.Archetypes.public import BaseContent, registerType"
and I right click on BaseContent and choose Goto definition, it says
could not find definition of BaseContent.

What am I doing wrong here?

Regards,
Danny Bloemendaal.