[wingide-users] Wing IDE 2.0b5 released

Luc Bourhis Luc_J_Bourhis at mac.com
Sun Aug 8 13:56:04 EDT 2004

> Wing IDE 2.0b5 has been released and is now available for download:

I've just downloaded and run it on MacOS X. Great job!!!

Top features:
- font anti-aliasing;
- the dual class - methods menu in the editor;
- search with regex;
- and more to be discovered for sure.

A few questions and/or drawbacks:
- The close button of the editor tabs is on the right hand side. That
is extremely unnatural for a regular MacOS X user or somebody who has
configured his KDE desktop with close buttons on the left hand side of
any window – I belong to the both of these categories!
- is there any way to customise the toolbar? I'm certainly not the only
one who would like to remove all the actions which are so much more
efficiently triggered by very common keystrokes (new/open/save file,
copy/cut/paste, etc) as well as moving around the remaining ones;

--
Dr. Luc J. Bourhis
Chemical Crystallography Laboratory