[wingide-users] Python consumes 100% CPU (Linux) problem

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Fri Aug 6 15:30:16 EDT 2004

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 onedsc at sonic.net wrote:
> I will try clearing the cache now and see if it gets better.
> I am sitting behind a corp socks proxy.  Is there a way to configure
> WingIDE to use a socks proxy for error reporting?

Wing does an HTTP POST operation on port 80 to wingware.com (in case that
helps), but there isn't any way to change that now.

Much easier is emailing the ~/.wingide2/error-log file to support at
wingware.com, but since it is truncated you may have to wait until the
problem happens again before there's useful info in it (feel free to
email it now and again after seeing the problem).

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python