[wingide-users] Feature Request: Keyboard tab switching

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Thu Aug 5 09:45:52 EDT 2004

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Lorenzo Gil Sanchez wrote:
> I wonder if it would be possible to add a keyboard macro to switch
> between opened files. I'm thinking on something similar to
> Mozilla/FireFox, Konqueror or XChat where you can type Alt+(Number of
> tab) or even Ctrl+[PageUp|PagDown]

The latter is already implemented in our current sources and will
be in the next beta, which will be out in a few days.  We don't
yet have alt+number style switching; let us know if you still think
it's needed given ctrl+pageup/down.

A related change in the next beta, by the way, is that we've changed
the forward/back buttons on the editor to traverse history rather
than tabs.  So if you goto-definition (or whatever), you can easily
get back.  I'm finding this reduces greatly the need for manually
seeking out files.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Stephan Deibel

Wing IDE for Python