Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Wing 2.0 crashes

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:29:49 -0400

gary.h.merrill@gsk.com wrote:
> The Help crashes whenever trying to access any of  "Tutorial", "Quick
> Start Guide", or "How-Tos".

We've fixed a few bugs that could be the cause of this and plan to
release a new beta soon.  Could you send your error-log (found in
c:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Wing IDE 2) to
support@wingide.com.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to reproduce the crash
on my XP machine.

> I also notice, that even though I've done an uninstall
> and a fresh install (removing the entire Wing 2.0 tree as well), when I
> do the new installation it does not use the default (all in one window)
> configuration, but remembers the configuration I was using.

This is because Wing 2.0 stores preferences in the per-user Application
Data directory rather than in a profiles directory under the install
directory as 1.1 did.

> Also, another weird "feature" I just noticed:  If you click "Help" so
> that the menu appears and then move another window (like this disgusting
> Lotus Notes mailer window or a browser window) over it, the Help menu
> remains on top.  Actually, it seems to me that my problems with the Edit
> menu began happening after I started experimenting with this "feature".

This is a bug that we intend to fix.