Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Wing 2.0 crashes

gary.h.merrill@gsk.com gary.h.merrill at gsk.com
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:07:11 -0400

--=_alternative 00587B7785256E86_=

Windows XP.  Bugs!!!!!!!!!

The Help crashes whenever trying to access any of  "Tutorial", "Quick
Start Guide", or "How-Tos".

When I click on "Edit" in the tool bar or click on another selection there
and then move the cursor over "Edit", it crashes.  When I originally
installed 2.0 it didn't do this.  But I've now reinstalled it several
times and it does it all the time.  Adding the patches doesn't seem to
help.  I also notice, that even though I've done an uninstall and a fresh
install (removing the entire Wing 2.0 tree as well), when I do the new
installation it does not use the default (all in one window)
configuration, but remembers the configuration I was using.  How is this
happening if I've removed everything (and even done the installation in a
completely different directory)?  Since I can't click on "Edit", I can't
seem to change any preferences.

Also, another weird "feature" I just noticed:  If you click "Help" so that
the menu appears and then move another window (like this disgusting Lotus
Notes mailer window or a browser window) over it, the Help menu remains on
top.  Actually, it seems to me that my problems with the Edit menu began
happening after I started experimenting with this "feature".

At the moment, this is unuseable and I can't seem to fix it.  I think I'm
going to give up on it until a more stable version appears.

--------------------------------------
Gary H. Merrill
Director and Principal Scientist, New Applications
Data Exploration Sciences
GlaxoSmithKline Inc.
(919) 483-8456

--=_alternative 00587B7785256E86_=

any of &nbsp;&quot;Tutorial&quot;, &quot;Quick Start Guide&quot;, or &quot;How-Tos&quot;.</font>
bar or click on another selection there and then move the cursor over &quot;Edit&quot;,
it crashes. &nbsp;When I originally installed 2.0 it didn't do this. &nbsp;But
I've now reinstalled it several times and it does it all the time. &nbsp;Adding
the patches doesn't seem to help. &nbsp;I also notice, that even though
I've done an uninstall and a fresh install (removing the entire Wing 2.0
tree as well), when I do the new installation it does not use the default
(all in one window) configuration, but remembers the configuration I was
using. &nbsp;How is this happening if I've removed everything (and even
done the installation in a completely different directory)? &nbsp;Since
I can't click on &quot;Edit&quot;, I can't seem to change any preferences.</font>
just noticed: &nbsp;If you click &quot;Help&quot; so that the menu appears
and then move another window (like this disgusting Lotus Notes mailer window
or a browser window) over it, the Help menu remains on top. &nbsp;Actually,
it seems to me that my problems with the Edit menu began happening after
I started experimenting with this &quot;feature&quot;.</font>
seem to fix it. &nbsp;I think I'm going to give up on it until a more stable
version appears.</font>
Gary H. Merrill<br>
Director and Principal Scientist, New Applications<br>
Data Exploration Sciences<br>
GlaxoSmithKline Inc.<br>
(919) 483-8456<br>
--=_alternative 00587B7785256E86_=--