Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] wingide 2.0 beta

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 17:27:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Axel [iso-8859-1] M=FCller wrote:
> I'm running wingide 2.0b now for some time (Suse Linux 9.0, Python 2.3.3,=
=20
> Zope-2.6.4) and found some little problems:
>=20
> - changing wing2.0-projects always exits/crashes wing. Restarting wing op=
ens=20
> the choosen project.

There's a patch available for that and a number of other possible=20
crashes caused by the same commonly used code.  The first one listed here
will fix it:

http://wingide.com/support/downloads_list&prod=3Dwingstd&version=3D2.0.0&se=
ction=3Dbugfix

> - closing the last editor with strg-x k exits (crashes?) wing.

Wing current gets confused in various cases and quits when it shouldn't.
Also when switching projects if no Help view is open it quits after
closing the old project, and in various other cases.  Fixed in our sources
but we didn't release a patch.  We'll be doing another beta as soon as we
make it through our list of serious bugs.

> - the font/font-size in the formfields of the search and search/replace=
=20
> dialogs don't match the preferences.=20

On our list and I think already fixed in our sources.

> - batch-search folder (Batch-Suchlaufwerk) don't mark the search-phrase (=
see=20
> picture search.jpg attached: search was "dtml")

Hmm, possibly an I18N bug where we're getting confused about position
in a file w/ non-ascii chars.  Or a buffer confusion (we've had some
reports of Wing managing to get two buffers open into the same file,
so some views of the file show an unedited version and another shows
edits).  Thanks for reporting this.

> - "replace all" (alles ersetzten) isn't working, it just shows a warning =
with=20
> the options "replace all" and "cancel", but only cancel works.

A patch for this also exists, on the above-listed patches page.

> - rightclick on a file in "project" should select it. There is no way to =
apply=20
> a menuaction to a file without open it because you have to select it with=
 the=20
> right mousebutton first. (sorry for my english)

Yes, this is annoying but alas not yet fixed...

> beside that: wingide2.0b is a very promising beta!

Thanks!

Wing IDE for Python
Take Flight!