[wingide-users] Too many windows!!!!!!

Wing IDE Support support at
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:49:12 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 wrote:
> Typical scenario:  During a debugging session I have five or six (or eigh=
> or ten, or ...) source windows open, an interactive debug probe window, t=
> Project window, etc.  At the end of my session I close most of these,
> leaving only the ones that I would like to come up the next time I start
> the IDE.  Then I exit (after doing such things as "save all", "save
> project", ...).
> The next time I bring up the IDE, VOILA!  Beaucoup de f=E9netres!!  In fa=
> too *many* windows -- all the ones I ever had up during the session.

This problem occurs in certain cases where the project isn't set to
modified even though part of the state it saves is.  Here is a patch
that fixes it:

Instructions for applying patches are here:

This patch only works if the preference is
set to true (the default).  In future versions of Wing, this preference
will be removed and the project will always save itself as needed
to make sure GUI state is restored properly.

Thanks for reporting this.

Stephan Deibel

Wing IDE for Python
Archaeopteryx Software, Inc