Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Is there a easy way to fix errors using C code extensions/DLLs

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:37:41 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

That's odd... it sounds to me like this DLL may be manufacturing Python
code objects on the fly and setting the co_filename attribute on them to
the DLL file name.  Wing's debugger cannot trace through any C or C++
extension code because it has no concept of C stack frames, etc.  But it
will try to step through any Python bytecode that gets executed and will
attempt to show the file that's listed in the co_filename.

This hasn't come up as a problem before, so there's no way to block
opening of certain files.  To solve the problem, we may need to make a
patch to allow you to give some sort of list of exclude patterns via a
preference.  However, if you have any more info about what DLL this is, or
can share the source code for it with us, I'd like to better understand
why this is happening.

As always, please send any email with attachments or confidential info to
support@wingide.com and not to this mailing list.

Thanks for reporting this.

Wing IDE for Python
Archaeopteryx Software, Inc