Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] ImportError: cannot import name Persistent

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
13 Oct 2003 11:45:42 -0400

The problem seems to be that the name Persistent cannot be found in the
Persistence module.  Everything after the first ImportError is suspect
because Python leaves a partially initialized module object around after
an ImportError that will be picked up by future import statements (this
as fooled me a number of times).  My hunch is that it's either a
circular import problem or somehow the Persistence module is not built
correctly.

What program are you trying to debug?  From the module names, I think
it's Zope, but what version?  And, how exactly is the Wing debugger
handling this?