Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] ImportError: cannot import name Persistent

Jerry Nickolai jwnickolai at marathonelectric.com
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 08:12:33 -0500

I see lots of references to this on the net most of them with an answer of
"No Idea"

 >>> from Persistence import Persistent
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in ?
     from Persistence import Persistent
ImportError: cannot import name Persistent
 >>> import Globals
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<pyshell#1>", line 1, in ?
     import Globals
   File "C:\PROGRA~1\WEBSite\lib\python\Globals.py", line 23, in ?
     import Acquisition, ComputedAttribute, App.PersistentExtra, os
   File "C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\App\PersistentExtra.py", line
15, in ?
     from Persistence import Persistent
ImportError: cannot import name Persistent

If I do the Import Globals a second time it works.
the problem I am having is that wingIDE debugger blows up on this and I can
not get to my program in debug mode.
it seems anything that uses globals or persistent I have to debug manually.
Anyone have a Idea
I am running python 2.1.3
WingIDE 1.1
on windows XP
Thanks for any help
Jerry

Jerry Nickolai
Marathon Electric / Regal Beloit Corporation
Motor Technologies Group
Engineering Systems Analyst / Oracle DBA
jwnickolai@marathonelectric.com
jerry.nickolai@rbcmtg.com
715-675-3359 x4366