Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] interaction with CVS

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Fri, 23 May 2003 11:15:05 -0400 (EDT)

There isn't a CVS integration yet, so for now you're stuck typing cvs
commands on the command line.

One solution might be to avoid using cvs watches and just trust that cvs
can merge concurrent changes.  If you've never done this, when you 'cvs
commit' you may get "up to date check failed; fix these first" messages
which can be a bit cryptic.  What this means is that there are concurrent
edits that have been checked in and the "fix" is to "cvs update" to get
the edits and merge them in with your own changes on disk before you then
"cvs commit" again.  Some people seem uncomfortable with this but
conflicts are quite rare in practice and are easily understood and
resolved by editing the resulting marked up merged file.

We are working on adding both CVS integration and easier ways to extend
Wing for things like this, BTW...

Hope that helps.

Wing IDE for Python
Archaeopteryx Software, Inc