Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Ctrl-Shift-Z for 'redo'

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 10:42:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

There is now a patch that lets Wing IDE 1.1.9-1 distinguish between
Ctrl-Z and Ctrl-Shift-Z in key bindings:

http://wingide.com/support/downloads_list&version=1.1.9&section=bugfix

(obtain bugfix #6 and install according to instructions on the above page)

We recommending applying this and other patches only if you need them.

This should work properly across international keyboards and it looks like
ignoring Shift for keys A-Z was just an oversight in our implementation.

One side effect of this patch is that any user-customized bindings out
there that specify something like Ctrl-Shift-Z will stop working when only
Ctrl-Z is pushed.  Bindings like Ctrl-Percent or Ctrl-Shift-Percent will
continue to work as before, ignoring the Shift specifier for all
punctuation.

A lesser change is that Ctrl-Z will no longer work if you push Ctrl-Shift-Z
by accident.  The caps lock key is ignored, however, so the worst
potential for confusion is avoided.

Hope this helps.  Thanks again for reporting it.

Wing IDE for Python
Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
Take Flight!

www.wingide.com