Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Ctrl-Shift-Z for 'redo'

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Mon, 19 May 2003 18:33:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Hmm, I think this is a bug that came out of a feature.

Letters and punctuation can differ on different keyboards with respect to
whether or not Shift is pressed.  For example, on a German keyboard
punctuation is located totally differently than a US keyboard, and I think
this can apply to letters also in other cases.  So in our default key maps
we've steered away from using Shift + letter/punctuation and in our code
we ignore that Shift is present in a key binding except if it's modifying
something like F1 or Delete or other special keys.

I need to look further into this but it would probably make sense for us
to pay attention to the Shift modifier in our code while still avoiding
such bindings for our shipped defaults.

For now, you should be able to work around this by using another binding.
I'll post again once we've looked at creating a patch for the problem.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Wing IDE for Python
Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
Take Flight!