Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Debugging a Zope external method

Wing IDE Support support at wingide.com
Mon, 19 May 2003 10:53:31 -0400 (EDT)

The easiest thing to do is to run the Zope instance and Wing on the same
machine and as the same user and it will just work.

If you need to debug remotely to another host, you will need to share the
directories where the source is located and configure a location map so
Wing can match up the location of the files on the two machines.

Setting up the location map is described in section 6.15.4 of the manual:

http://wingide.com/psupport/wingide-1.1/node7.html#SECTION007154000000000000000

When debugging remotely you will also need to copy over the .wingdebugpw
file from the host where Wing is running and point WingDBG at it.  This
file is in profiles/[username] inside your Wing IDE installation on
Windows, or in ~/.wingide on Linux/Unix.

Hope that helps.

Wing IDE for Python
Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
Take Flight!